Today is Varalakshmi Vratham. I was occupied all day till almost 5. I just opened my inbox casually to find a mail from Hari Chandana. I thought it would be an appreciative comment but I was too surprised to find 3 awards and a Meme Tag. Thanks Hari Chandana for thinking about me. I am really honored. First comes the Kreative Blog award
Update 27th Aug 2009: Pria of House of Spice has also passed me these three awards. Thank you Pria, I am honored
Next comes the One Lovely Blog Award
And third is the I Love your blog award
I have done the Meme for the Kreative Blogger award already in my previous post. So, I take the opportunity to pass on the awards and the tag below to 9 other bloggers
- Padma of Padma's Recipes
- Pavithra of Dishes from My Kitchen
- Tina of Kaipunyam
- Lakshmi Venkatesh of Kitchen Chronicles
- Priya Meena of Cooking Madurai Style
- Priti of Indian Khana
- Lata Raja of Flavors & Taste
- Mangala Bhat of Welcome to Recipes 24x7
- Uma of Astral Jewelry Designs
I request all the nominees to accept their awards.
Now coming to the tough part. Hari Chandana has tagged me with the following questions
- What is your current obsession?
To buy a SLR camera.
- What are you wearing today?
- What’s for dinner?
Lime rice, Payasam and Carrot Beans stir fry
- What’s the last thing you bought?
Groceries and a Donut
- What are you listening to right now?
M S Subbulakshmi songs
- What do you think about the person who tagged you?
She is has an amazing blog with exotic dishes and she is a heck of an ARTIST. check out her amazing sketches here
- If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Ofcourse in Chennai
- What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Cotton Sarees, Cotton Churidars and ooooh yeah Hand kerchiefs
- If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Switzerland or Maldives or Bahamas
- Which language do you want to learn?
Might be Telugu and Malayalam
- What’s your favourite quote?
Try till try tries you
- Who do you want to meet right now?
- What is your favourite colour?
WHITE, blue (everything pleasant)
- What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
My Silk sarees
- What is your dream job?
I am doing it right now (HOUSE WIFE)
- What’s your favourite magazine?
Kumudam, Anantha Vikadan, Kunkumam
- If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Buy some good pearls.. I love pearls
- What do you consider a fashion faux pas? (faux pas mean error in ettiquette.. )
Long hair (with tradional look) does not suit modern dress
- Who are your style icons?
Might be the actresses
- Describe your personal style.?
Simple and Traditional
- What are you going to do after this?
Eat my dinner
- What are your favourite movies?
Forrest Gump, You've Got mail, Taare Zameen Par
- What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
I do not wear cosmetic/makeup/perfume. But I used to wear Spinz deodorant
- What inspires you?
Encouraging words and a little support
- Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
I dress traditional. So, I always wear flowers. And I wear a smile to go along!!
- What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Borrow some thing from my mom
- Coffee or tea?
- What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
I try to concentrate on something else
- What is the meaning of your name?
Hemamalini is one of the thousand names of Goddess Mahalakshmi. Hema means Gold and Malini means prosperity. So it is the name of the Goddess of Prosperity, Mahalakshmi
- Which other blogs you love visiting?
Sailus kitchen. It was an inspiration to cook when I was a beginner
- Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
I like Kaju Kathili
- Favorite Season ?
Spring and Summer
Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
I am replacing the "What are you going to do after this" to "What do you try to cook when you have cooking blues (When you feel real lazy to cook some thing)"?
So Nominees.. expecting interesting answers from all.. Have a good weekend